Friday, August 17, 2018

4H Summer

 There's been an obvious lack of posts this summer thanks to my phone not cooperating with my USB cord, but I've got one that works now and I have some catching up to do!  The main thing that filled our summer was 4H, starting with our club picnic at the beginning of June.

 In June we also had Survivor Camp, which Alice was excited about being able to attend now!

 One of the camp days the kids got to go swimming.

 The fair also took a huge amount of time.  Both of the kids worked at set up and judging and helped with the make and take table one day.


 This was Alice's first year to be in the regular 4H categories and she did great!  All of her entries but one placed and she has several items going on to state!

 Jack did a great job, too!  He's got several items headed to state, too!

 The fair isn't complete without our annual trip to Village Inn!
 
 Other than this picture from before they left, I don't have many, but Jack and Jay went to Round Up for the first time in July.

 Record books.  I'll leave it at that.

 Last week were county elections and Jack ran.

The new county reporter!

Many more posts to catch up on and many more fun things ahead!

2 comments:

Manny said...

Hello! I know you haven’t posted in a while but I am hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction. My husband and I moved here from Texas recently. Well to Shawnee. And I cannot find any groups specific to the area. We are needing to homeschool our 6 year old for the remainder of the year and possibly next year depending on how it goes and if we can find a good homeschool network. Can you point me to a group in this area? Or even in OKC. I’m willing to commute if I have to. Thank you!

Master of the Bloggerverse said...

Eek! I need to get back to posting! I am not familiar with any specific groups in that area, but I would check with OCHEC or post on the Friends of OCHEC facebook page or see if there are any area-specific facebook pages for homeschoolers. I know here we have a big active facebook group that posts lots of different co-ops and activities. I hope that helps!