Sunday, May 17, 2009

37 Weeks

I know you really wanted to see a picture of my freezer. I was going to have Jay take my picture today, but I forgot until I was half-dressed and getting ready to take a shower, and trust me, that's not something you want to see. And if I forced you to gouge your eyes out, you couldn't come back in a few weeks and see this baby, could you? So here's my freezer.

This weekend I finished cooking meals to freeze for when the baby comes. I know I'm finished because nothing else will fit in the freezer. As you can see, the ice cream is already sitting on top of the ice. I ended up with 21 meals or bases for meals, so I think we are set.

Last week we got down all of the baby clothes from the attic and they are sorted and ready to wash as soon as we fix the dryer. We also picked a new car seat, which was out of stock, so we don't actually have it yet. I think I've even figured out where we will all be sleeping when the baby comes home--at least in theory.

The one major thing we haven't done is to choose names. Many people have asked, and we're not trying to be coy; we really have no clue what we'll call this child. Other than that little detail, we're pretty much ready at any time, though I'm hoping that's not for at least another two weeks at the earliest!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so impressed!

Angela said...

WOW!!! I wish I would've thought of that when I had my second one. You really are superwoman I tell ya! Go ahead and go get your tight fitting attire and cape.....you little hero you!