Friday, May 15, 2009

The Week in Review

This was going to be the week I got completely caught up on blog posts. Jay had the entire week off and he and Jack were going home for a couple of days, so I thought it would be the perfect chance to catch up on all things electronic. Monday night I decided to wait, though, because my hands were pretty numb and I was making all kinds of typos. Tuesday morning I went to turn on the computer and nothing happened. Nothing. So I was at home all by myself with no car and no computer. It was really weird. Anyway, here's the rundown on the last week:

Sunday: To celebrate our 15th anniversary, Jay and I decided to go to a movie. It was sold out. We then went to Lowe's to look at doors and found a great one. We called my parents to come over with the truck, but when they got there, we realized the door was pre-hung and wouldn't work. We went to Target and got some different coming home outfits for the baby and then drove around looking for a place to eat that wasn't insanely crowded. All in all, a good day.

Monday: Jack had his last day of speech therapy. I am especially excited about this as it was an hour round trip in the afternoon and I was not looking forward to dragging a baby along.

Tuesday: I cleaned and organized like crazy.

Wednesday: I cleaned a little and watched a lot of TV, including an episode of Little House on the Prairie where Mary thought she was getting her sight back, which caused some major tension with her also blind husband. I took at least three naps.

Jay and Jack came back in the evening and just as I was getting started on some computer stuff, the tornado sirens started going off. Since he is an Oklahoman, Jay usually goes outside and looks around, but this time we seemed to be in the direct path of a huge rotation, so we actually went to the closet with blankets and pillows. Jack slept through the whole thing.

Thursday: Jay fixed the computer all by himself. I was impressed.

Friday: 37 week check-up for me and the baby. Nothing much seems to be going on.

That's all of the excitement around here lately. I am really going to get some posts done this weekend--with pictures, even!

No comments: