1. Carol's post about How to Pray for a Home Educator Carol is smart and funny and should blog more frequently. You know, in all that spare time we all have.
2. They Can't Kill Me If I'm Already Dead I'm not familiar with this blog, but someone linked it on facebook the other day and it's worth reading.
3. Tell me again: Why Bother? by Elizabeth Foss (Excuse me while I go clean up some piles...)
4. The Warmth of Your Smile by Elizabeth Foss (Not that anyone is going to mistake me for a tower of efficiency...)
"Work for the sake of work? I do have days where I barrel through. I go from one item to another, forgetting that the list serves the people and not the other way around. I fall victim to “just a minute” and small faces crumple as I achieve. They don’t want “just a minute”; they don’t want a tower of efficiency. They want a warm lap. They want me to look them in the eyes when they recount the latest teenage drama. They want my undivided attention. They want me. And, truthfully, it is my job to bring warmth and beauty into their lives just as much — or more — as it is my job to be chauffeur and cook."
5. Crafting Home by Elizabeth Foss (If you can't tell, I really like her.)
"We are called to provide for those who come and go a place of gratitude. A place where the habit is a song of thanks and children are ever aware of God’s goodness, even in grief, even in failure, even in sin. Homemakers (whether devoted full time to the task or not), make havens, places of consolation, of new beginnings, of forgiveness."