Thursday, October 27, 2011

Five More Days!


You've heard me rave about Homeschool Share many times, and now it is getting even better! Tuesday, November 1, Homeschool Share's new blog will go live! I am so excited to be a part of the team and can't wait to see all come together.

I will be writing a book review each month on "a book worth reading"--usually for kids, but sometimes for moms, too. When Ami asked me about doing this, she said she wanted reviews of twaddle-free, living books. At that moment I was reading--and I promise I'm not making this up--Naked Heat, the second Castle book. And yes, I'm picking up the third one at the library soon.

So why would a twaddle-reading person who has trouble writing for other people agree to write book reviews? I love children's books. At one point I was actually going to library school and planning to be a school librarian. Once I was even offered a job as a school librarian! Probably I'm never going to be a librarian, but now I can tell people about great books without worrying about who's looking at what on the computer or which teacher is hogging all the Civil War books.

The other reason I agreed to do this is because of all of the hard work Ami has put into Homeschool Share over the years. This is such an amazing--and FREE--resource for so many people. Candace has done a great job of listing all of the different kinds of resources on the site, and if you haven't checked it out, you really, really need to! If there is anything I can do to help her out, I am glad to do it and I am honored to be a part of such a great group of ladies.

The blog will go live on Tuesday, but if you head over now, you can download the November calendar, chock full of all kinds of activities to do and goodies to make!

2 comments:

My Blessings From Above said...

Jen I am so excited for you! I am really looking forward to reading the Homeschool Share blog! I cannot wait to read your reviews!

Amber said...

I am so excited for this blog, and for you!! I want to be a librarian when I grow up. :-)