Friday, January 20, 2012

Fun Friday: Penguin Day

Just in case you weren't already aware of it, January 20 is Penguin Day, and since we are currently in the middle of the Mr. Popper's Penguins unit, I thought it would be a good day to head to the zoo.

At the beginning of the week, the meteorologists were saying it would be 64 and sunny. Instead it was in the upper 30s with clouds and drizzle. The penguins even seemed to be chilly! On the bright side, we had the zoo pretty much to ourselves.

Alice wanted to be as tall as the Emperor Penguin and didn't believe me when I told her she would be one day.

Alice found a zookeeper in one of the cages!

He was nice enough to bring a snake out for all the kids to feel.

I'm pretty sure Jack is going to see mad monkey faces in his dreams tonight. These guys were going bonkers right up at the glass.

One more, just because it made me laugh!

No comments: