Friday, August 31, 2012

Fun Friday: The Aquarium

 I wasn't planning on doing Fun Friday posts this year, but since we usually save our fun stuff for then, I guess I will!  Today we went to the aquarium.

 We went because A) Jack is rowing The Raft and we were going to look at river creatures (more in a later post) and B) the kids had free coupons from the summer reading program.  I like the aquarium, but it's pretty expensive, so we usually just go when the kids have the free coupons!

 Alice was a little more interested in getting close to things this year.  She touched a few things in the touch tanks and fed some manta rays.

 These rays eat some expensive shrimp!

These rays are very friendly and will flop up and get your attention.  It kind of looks like Jack is going to join them!

Happy Friday!
 ~~~
Read this week's post at MetroFamily here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love the aquarium! I refuse to pay the price of a one time admission so we get a year pass when we want to go and use it like crazy! The first year I went every week with my toddler and baby(now 4 and 6). Since you mentioned a raft, have you read the book "The Raft" by Jim LaMarche? It is beautiful! They have it at the Tulsa Library also.