Saturday, January 11, 2014

Learning About the Plains Indians

 I'm a little (or a lot) behind on blogging, but I wanted to share with you some of the things we did when Jack was learning about the Plains Indians.  I found these little tepee kits at the Rainbow Resource booth at last year's homeschool convention, so we pulled them out and put them together.  I had to bring out the hot glue gun, but for just a couple of bucks a piece, I'm not complaining.

 He read some from the old textbook we have and then used these books.  I got Let's Look Inside a Tepee at the Alamo gift shop on our honeymoon.  Yes, I'm the kind of person who does things like that.  The other two I have had since back in my classroom days.

 If you haven't subscribed to the Homeschool Share Blog, you really need to!  Subscribers get the huge type-it-in template pack so you can make your own lapbooking pieces.  I used the templates to make these pieces to go along with the reading he was assigned.

I also pulled the buffalo section from the History Pockets book we already had.

Inside the booklet...

After this we moved on to the Five Civilized Tribes--and even took a field trip, so I hope to get that posted soon!

No comments: