Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Missouri Road Trip

We left early Saturday morning for a road trip to Missouri--the first stop was breakfast at the donut shop.
 
Then it was time for a group picture before hitting the road!
 
We stopped at Lambert's for lunch.
 
They have giant mugs there--I don't think I saw anyone ask for a refill!
 
 Jack liked catching the rolls.  I got a good video of him catching, but this is the only picture I got.

After lunch we went to Mansfield.
 
We toured Laura Ingalls Wilder's Rocky Ridge Farm, her last home.
 
We also got to tour the rock house that their daughter built for them.  It is where she wrote the first four Little House books.
 
This is the spring house near the rock house.  You can't take pictures inside so I can't share that with you, but it is worth the drive!
 
Then we drove on to our hotel in Branson where the kids were very excited to check out the arcade.
 
Having a picnic in the room!
 
We had a room that could sleep all 8 of us.  The kids took turns sleeping in the bunk beds, but during the day they all liked to sit on top and watch TV.
 
Sunday night we went to visit Jay's aunt, who lives nearby.
 
Playing at Aunt Delpha's
 
Sunday night was also the kids' first night in the bunk beds.  That night I ended up sleeping on the bottom bunk with Alice and the next night she fell out of the bed and ended up sleeping with me.  I'm glad we didn't put her on the top bunk!
 
We started Monday with a trip to Krispy Kreme.
 

Then we went to a mini-golf place near our hotel.
 

It was really hot!
 

We spent most of our time at the hotel waterpark.  This was Jack's favorite slide.  It was really fast!
 
Alice (and I) preferred this one!
 

Monday night we went to Branson Landing to shop and see the light and water show.
 

It was my birthday so we had cake at the hotel--and thankfully didn't set off the smoke alarms!  (I also got to have Culver's for dinner, so I was very happy!)
 
We checked out Tuesday morning, shopped for a bit, and then headed home.  We stopped for lunch in Springdale and had a chocolate mess for dessert!

We came home worn out, but we had a great time!  Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for a great vacation!

No comments: