After they were done throwing them, they took turns rolling over them to get any they might have missed.
My dad's birthday is Monday, so we went ahead and celebrated while we were all there. There was not much of the cake left by this morning!
This was Jack's first time to try sparklers, and probably his last until he seeks therapy. He got burned by a spark and refused to get anywhere near them the rest of the night.
And of course I was especially glad to be able to celebrate this 4th of July with my favorite veteran!