Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cookies

Great minds think alike. I was thinking today about doing a post about cookies, and look who else was thinking the same thing.

I've been on a bit of a cookie kick lately. When we were iced in last week I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for us. I wanted to make some oatmeal ones (my favorite), but my mixer died and I didn't want to test the ice just for cookies.

Sunday, I made another batch of chocolate chips for a Super Bowl party we were attending.

And Monday, Jay emailed me that he needed to bring some frozen foods to work for a coworker who just had twins. I made a chicken casserole and a batch of snickerdoodles. That evening, as Jay was setting down the baggie of chocolate chip cookies, he noted that he was putting it between the giant bowl of snickerdoodle dough and the package of Oreos. "Well," I noted, "I didn't get those Oreos to eat. I got them for decoration." "For what?" Jay asked. "For the...cupcakes." Touche. For the record, though, I didn't eat any of the Oreos until tonight when I saw Julie's post. Then I headed directly for the pantry.

Today we had one more round of cookie making. Jack was wanting to make some Valentine's cookies, so I suggested we go ahead and make them now so he could share them with his cousins this weekend. As you can see below, anything can be a Valentine's cookie.

After Jay's comments, I realized that if I want my maternity clothes to fit for the rest of this pregnancy, I'd better switch to a less fattening cookie. You may have seen these cute felt cookies on several blogs lately. They're no-calorie and they're so simple even I can make them! (More on that later.)

No comments: