Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Since it's the weekend before Thanksgiving, we had our annual family Thanksgiving dinner here at home today. I still haven't unpacked the box that has all of my holiday menus in it, so I had to rely on the picture of my planning page I posted last year. This year we had plain old pumpkin pie for dessert. Jack helped out.

The cooking continued this morning. Alice was taking a break here, but she got up with me several times in the night to change the water in which the turkey was defrosting. I forgot about defrosting it until late last night, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Also, this year Jay was nice enough to pick up the turkey for me. Unfortunately, there was no weight anywhere on it, we don't have a scale, and I am terrible at estimating weight. He told me to compare it to Alice, but that was difficult since Alice isn't rock hard and hanging in a mesh bag. Jay's guess was about 20 pounds (more than Alice weighs), so I went with that and it turned out well.

Jack made us some decorations.

The final product!


Tonight Jack had his first choir program. Both sets of grandparents came, as well as my grandma, her sister, and my aunt. Jack was very excited to see them all there!

This week we are eating leftovers, unpacking some more, starting work, and trying to get in the Christmas mood. We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen, the food looks great. Looks like you did a wonderful job.
The kids are sure growing. Hey you on face book. Add me girl. Under Kris Cerny in yellow shirt.