Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Trails

We said goodbye to this fine automotive specimen last Friday. Jay got this Cavalier at the end of college. Even though I didn't pay for it, I kind of think of it as our first big purchase together since he made me call the salesman back to try to get a better deal. When we moved to Omaha, this was our good car, but over the last few years, the air conditioning went out and the paint job disintegrated, leaving it looking like a car belonging to someone who takes drugs, not someone who prescribes them. A few months ago, Jay got a shiny new Cobalt, and since then, the Cav has been sitting at the end of our driveway.

Jay made some calls and donated it to a charity. We watched as it was going...

...going...

gone!

And then I turn and see my poor sentimental child sobbing over this junk car that he had never even ridden in until Jay got back from the desert less than two years ago. I tried to seem sympathetic, but I couldn't help but laugh a little when he asked if we were giving away my car anytime soon. I told him we would keep my car long enough for him to be embarrassed about it and relieved when we did get rid of it, which is hopefully the truth!

2 comments:

Amber said...

"looking like a car belonging to someone who takes drugs, not someone who prescribes them" ~ hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Robyn said...

Amber: I laughed at that part too! Awww...poor Jack!