Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pretty Little Mess

When I was a little girl, my grandma used to say I was her pretty little mess. I am not so little anymore, and I'm not sure about pretty, but I can tell you I'm a mess. Not always in a bad way, but in the I have 413 things on my mind at any given moment kind of way.

This is what our school room looks like right now. (And for another thing to think about, is it bad that I call it school? Should I call it education? Does it matter? Do I care? I don't know. Now you have a glimpse into my mind and know why I don't sleep much.) Jay got the new shelf set up for me and now I am going through everything trying to figure out where I want it, which is hard for me because I have to think about the 32 options I have for organizing things--books together, books with manipulatives, craft stuff here or the laundry room, and on and on and on. I am a mess.

And the kids and I are leaving for a trip in a week and a half. I'm so not ready.

I do have help making messes.
Tuesday I was making our lunches to take to the splash pad. I read about these new containers on Michele's blog and I was going to do a post on them. (Obligatory turned picture when I'm in a rush to get the kids to gymnastics.)

I turned from the counter to see this. I think an Alice has been here. (See that bouncy chair? She's been too big for it for ages, but she found it in the guest room and discovered she can climb into it herself. It just about bends back to the ground, but she has a blast in it and it buys me a few moments here and there when I am fixing meals.)

Oh, look! Tea packets in the dining room! Hooray!

And then I turn to go back over and put the lids on the lunches and find she is already there, into something else. Such a pretty little mess!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love your messes! You and me can be friends! LOL!