Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Homeschool Skate

 Today we went to the first Homeschool Skate of the year.  Alice was big enough to get real skates this time!

 We haven't been skating since February, but Jack caught the hang of it pretty quickly again.

 Alice used one of the skatemates.  I have no idea why she was making this face, but she wouldn't stop.

 The skates were off and on about 20 times over the two hours, but she never tired of the skatemate!

 Trying to go solo!

 It still seems funny to me that the 8 year old in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt is mine, especially since it doesn't seem like that long ago that I was going to skating parties.  They were even playing the same music from when I was a kid, but I resisted the urge to clap my hands over my head during You Give Love A Bad Name.  (On a side note, other former hair band singers really should take a lesson from Jon BonJovi.  He is one of the few--or perhaps the only one--who looks better 20 years later, and I would guess that not continuing to use eyeliner is a big step in the right direction.)

 Jack was even steady enough to play Red Light, Green Light!

It was a fun  (and sweaty) afternoon!

No comments: