Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall Break Fun

 For some fall break fun, my parents got a couple of rooms at a local hotel so the kids could swim.  I took about 80 pictures of them jumping in the pool in various poses.


 Jack swam the length of the pool without coming up for air.

 Dinner that night was pizza and chicken in the hotel room.  Then my sister and I went to our room next door, expecting that eventually a kid or two would end up with us, but nobody ever came over so I ended up sleeping from 10:00 until 7:30 all by myself!

 We swam a bit more before checkout time.

 Alice worked on swimming to the bottom of the pool to get her toy.  She got really good at it!

 Grandpa pushed all four kids out with the luggage!

 About five minutes after we left the hotel I looked back and saw Alice was already asleep.

 Friday evening the kids spent the night at my mom and dad's.  Since my mom had knee surgery recently, my dad was the one in charge.  When we went to get them Saturday night, this is what the front yard looked like.  The picture doesn't really do it justice.  The kids had a blast, though, and got it all cleaned up today.

We also got to roast hot dogs in the back yard!

The kids had a great time, but they were worn out.  No one got up until 8:45 this morning and Alice slept almost 13 hours--the longest she's slept in her whole life!

No comments: