Thursday, July 9, 2009

School

Did I say we were doing school this summer? Ummmm....'cause we're not. But I did take him to one of the elementary schools this week to try out a school lunch. Does that count?

I had such good intentions about starting back up with school in July, and then reality hit. Jack was still gung-ho, but thankfully he has simmered down, because it's just about impossible to get a house ready for sale, adjust to a newborn, deal with 100+ temperatures, and come up with all the different stuff a certain five year old wants to do. At least it's impossible for me.

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, though, and I think that after we have the house prep done I will be ready to think about planning for the fall. At least I *think* I'll be ready.

In the mean time, we're spending lots of time playing with friends, going to the library, and trying to visit all of our favorite places before we move. Next week Jack has dinosaur camp all week, so he's getting some educational stuff, too--and I'm glad to hand that responsibility off for a week!

No comments: