Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday

 Today we spent about four hours at the pool--long enough for the kids to make cameo appearances on the news.  (If that link doesn't take you to it directly, it is the one called "Kids Explain Beating the Heat"--Alice runs by about 10 seconds in and Jack is standing around a while longer.)  It was the hottest day of the year so far and by the time we left it looked like the opening pool scene from Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days.

 This evening Alice had a gymnastics class.  She has been so excited about this.

 She picked out this $2 leotard at a consignment sale a while back and as soon as I told her about the class she started talking about how she would get to wear her leotard somewhere!

 While she was jumping and climbing, I was catching up on some blog posts.  (I wrote about that here.)

Our last stop of the night was the airport to pick up Jay, who has been in Georgia since Sunday--which is why I've been doing daily posts.  Clearly my kids aren't travelers because they were so excited about the huge revolving door and the baggage carousel was amazing to them.  I am happy for things to get back to normal around here!

No comments: