Friday, September 12, 2014

The Week in Review

 I'm not sure if I'm going to try to do Friday posts again this year like I used to do or if I will do something weekly, but right now I'm just trying to get by.  In addition to school and getting the house ready, we've had lots of other stuff going on.

Last Saturday we went to a Food Truck Festival downtown.  It was rainy, but the food was yummy and we had a good time.  We spent the rest of the afternoon running errands and taking Jack to a party and I made one last run to drop stuff at the storage unit in the evening.  As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed the tire pressure light had come on, which isn't too unusual because it is really sensitive.  When I got out, though, I heard a whooshing sound and found all the air was leaving my back tire.  I spent Sunday morning getting new tire, but considering the fact that Jay was able to get the kids to Sunday school and USAA sent a guy to put my spare on for me, it wasn't too terrible.
 

 Monday morning we took Jack in for xrays on his arm.  He fell out of the tree house last week and it was still hurting, so we wanted to double check it just in case.  Thankfully it wasn't broken and the pain seems to be lessening.


 Monday we also made more than 100 salt dough minifigures.  More on this later...

 Tuesday we went with my mom and dad to take their cat to the vet.  She did really well and I am wishing that Boris was that good at getting in the carrier.


 Today we went to see Dolphin Tale 2 with friends.

Afterward we stopped by Chick Fil A for a milkshake since it was National Chocolate Milkshake Day!

In other big news this week, as of yesterday we are officially owners of a lot in town!  I'm beyond ready to start building, so hopefully we'll sell this house soon and get started!
 

No comments: