Monday, June 13, 2011

The Craziest Week of the Year

Does Alice look a little dazed? We are still recovering from last week. It was a perfect storm of birthdays, VBS, visitors, meetings, and crazy heat.

It started with Alice's birthday on Sunday. (Now we have an obligatory banner pic to take, too!)

For Sunday lunch, we met up with my friend Amber (who still has not mugged me or killed me in spite of the fact that I met her online), who was in town briefly.

The kids played all afternoon and never seemed to notice that it was almost 100 degrees.

For their family party, we went with a Max and Ruby theme. That pretty much means the cake, because we were at the park and kept it low key. My friend Lisa did a really neat party, though, if you want some ideas!

The cupcake toppers came from the Rosemary Wells site.

Oh, I forgot that I made them hats! (Also from the Rosemary Wells site.)

VBS was all week. We have come a long way since the first time we had to be out all week, but it is still tough. Wednesday night was VBS night and the kids jumped and ate 25-cent food for dinner.

Jack also won a drawing for a $100 gift card! The first thing he said to me when he got back to his seat was, "This is NOT going for college!"

Friday was Jack's birthday.

He had a fun party at the splash pad with friends. We have never had a party rained out yet, but I was getting nervous when it was sprinkling Friday morning!

Swimming with Aunt Shannon!

Not pictured are the million errands, a visit from a friend I hadn't seen since high school, meeting with a friend about homeschooling, a curriculum share night, gymnastics, and the extremely early mornings with Alice. We were gone every day and every evening! We've never had a week like that before and even though we had lots of fun, I am not sure I can handle one like that again for quite a while!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Whew! I am tired from just reading it!

Amber said...

I am so thankful that you took time out of your busy week to see me!! I will never kill or mug you, you're my cyber BFF!! :-)