Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It Could Have Been Worse

It could have been much worse. We were getting ready to take Jack to gymnastics when Alice grabbed a zhuzhu pet from the box of consignment sale toys. Jack protested and I asked him what on earth could go wrong with his sister and a zhuzhu pet. He was kind enough not to remind me of that fifteen minutes later when Alice was screaming and crying with the zhuzhu pet tangled in her hair. As we were driving down the highway with no place to pull over until our exit, I told her not to keep pressing on it because that was just making the wheels spin and taking in more hair. My instructions were met with a pitiful, "Otay. I try." When we finally got to gymnastics, the man behind the counter was nice enough to hand me some scissors without pointing out that my daughter had an electronic hamster stuck to her head. After several minutes of twisting and pulling, I only had to cut a small piece of hair and her curls were left intact. And now we have a new two year old zhuzhu pet/hair monitor!

No comments: