Monday, September 1, 2008

Camping

We went camping this weekend with my family. Originally, all three of us were going to go, even though Jay might be called in. About five minutes before pulling out, though, our garage door broke and we couldn't figure out how to use the manual lock (in our defense, it had never been used before, so it was screwed against the door), so Jay ended up staying home. After a weekend without a shower, I think he may have been a little lucky! Really, though, we had a good time.

Our camp site was pretty close to the river, so we got in a lot of "fishing." Fishing really does need quotation marks around it. If you have ever been "fishing" with a four year old, you know what I mean.

Using the binoculars to look for some fish

Fishing off the dock

Jack finally just started trying to catch the minnows. He was much more successful at this kind of fishing.

Splashing off the dock

Saturday evening it got windy and rained a little, so we played games in the camper.

Sunday we celebrated my grandma's (and Aunt Nettie's) birthday
We made it home around 9:00 last night--after stopping off at my parents' house for showers. I am pretty sure I have never been that dirty in my life. We are hoping to go again this fall--when the weather is a little cooler!

1 comment:

Edwena said...

Jen,
It's so cute that your ds was looking for fish with his binoculars. Is your grandma a twin?