Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

We've had a lot of fun leading up to Valentine's Day!  We continued our Valentine's Mail this year.
 
One day this week the kids got  notes telling them we were going to visit a cupcake shop!

One morning they got mustache lollipops.
 
Last year I shared my pathetic attempt at cutting hearts out of fruit and they were so sad that my friend Laura was compelled to give me her tiny heart cookie cutter.  I used it for pepperonis one night--the pizza is supposed to be heart shaped, too, though it's kind of hard to tell.
 
These were the Valentines the kids handed out this year (from Pinterest, of course).
 
 
Alice ran out of room every time for the E and just put it in wherever she thought it would fit.

My friend Lisa was nice enough to host a Valentine's Party again this year.
 
There were actually boys his age there, so Jack was quick to get back to playing.  This is one of the few pictures I got of him!

Alice was excited to go through her box!
 
Checking out the crazy straw
 
 
Much to Jack's dismay, we had meatloaf for dinner tonight.  I asked if heart shaped meatloaf would be better and he was skeptical.
 
I used the cookie cutter again to make heart shaped potatoes.  That so would not have happened if I had had to freehand them!

I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!


No comments: