Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gingerbread Morning

We spent this morning doing some gingerbread activities. For math, we did some gingerbread man estimation.

We decorated a gingerbread house. Some moms are very domestic and make their own. I, on the other hand, just about did back flips when I realized that this kit had the house already assembled for me.

I mixed up the icing and let Jack go to town.

The finished house.

And of course, we read Gingerbread Baby!

All of this was accompanied by some hot chocolate. Jack has never cared much for hot chocolate, but he was lured in by the snowman marshmallows.

He even drank enough for a hot chocolate moustache!

It was a wonderful day at home. All day. Jack didn't get out of his jammies until it was bath time tonight. It made me wonder why we don't do this more often. Apparently I'm not the only one thinking this today. Stop on over to see what Melissa and Rachel have to say!

3 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

love those great days at home!

Lauri said...

So fun!!!! My kids ADORE hot chocolate. But it MUST have marshmallows!!

Brian said...

I made one of those last year!! Wonder if I still have a photo - I was so proud :)I tried to make mine with my daughter but she started performing demolition (mostly via her mouth) before I could quite finish it so we used some icing spackle LOL