Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Plans

(Alice eating a summer Oreo.)

Now that the summer is half over, I thought I'd post about my summer plans--like I meant to do about a month ago.

I'd like to read more--for pleasure and for "work" stuff. I finished one murder mystery (for fun, haha) and have started another one, but for some reason I have become the world's slowest reader. After this one is done, I'm going to have to move on to something a little more useful.

There's lots of school planning to be done. As you can see, I have made some progress on the school room, but there is still more to do. Side story: A person I know (who will stay anonymous, just in case) has a friend who homeschools. Their house is so messy that once when they went on vacation and their alarm went off, the police were not sure if someone had ransacked the place or not. So I made sure to get it picked up enough before I left for our trip.

There's still a lot to do on the house, too. The bed I ordered for the guest room should be in soon, and once I get all of the kids' old clothes out for the next consignment sale, I can actually make some progress in there.

I really need to make more meals for the freezer before we start school for the fall. I felt awful today and all I had in the freezer was chicken spaghetti. Good, but it's nice to have a choice. I am also hoping to make more things from scratch--not a lot right now, but more.

The kids and I will leave soon for a little vacation and soon summer will be over. It's time to get to work having fun!

No comments: