This is when I was washing it the night before. (Ignore my man hands.) We told him that after the haircut it would be quicker to wash his hair. He somehow took this to mean that he wouldn't have to have his hair washed anymore, so he was a little miffed when I got out the shampoo at his next bath time.
He was a little startled by the comb. I could probably count the times I have combed his hair on one hand since it would usually make his hair look fuzzier.
We were shocked at how brown his hair looked when it was over. He was excited because he got to throw some of his hair in this machine and it gave him a prize.
To answer some FAQs:
- Yes, I took lots of pictures. Did you forget who I am??
- Yes, we did save some hair for the scrapbook, though I am not sure if I am supposed to put it in his baby book since he doesn't really qualify as a baby.
- Yes, we had to have a bigger baggie than they had to put his hair in.
- No, he's probably not getting another haircut anytime soon. We like it on the long side (and we learned that we have a different perception of "long" than most people) and it is a lot easier to take care of in the morning when it's long.
- No, he didn't cry. In fact, Jay and I didn't either!