Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Chilly and Chili

This was the view out the window for most of the day. Gray and cold all day long. About thirty minutes before it was time to leave, it started raining, too. We went to my friend Mari's house for chili. It was delicious and the weather was just right for it!

The boys got their own little table!

For most of the day, though, we just relaxed around the house. On the school front, we began Jesse Bear, which we had to read three times in a row this morning. This is the little felt bear I made, and if I may toot my own horn, I think I may be a felt master.

Okay, maybe it's not the BEST bear ever, but I was quite pleased for my first felt project! : )

And on the organizing front, I started on the kitchen. I cleaned out the solitary cabinet that we use for DVDs (don't you keep yours in the kitchen?) and whatever other flotsam and jetsam finds its way there. I moved all of the light bulbs and candles to the top shelf (Note to self: You have enough 40 watt light bulbs to last through the mortgage. Note 2: Figure out why you have those 100 watt bulbs.) and all of the CDs to the bottom shelf.

This would be more impressive if I had remembered to take a before picture.

Now Jack is in bed and Boris is on the back of the couch. I am headed off to organize some scrapbooking stuff and to watch the new show Mari passed on to me!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Ok...I have a felt project I have been trying to find the time to do. Look's like I might be sending it to you!

Brandy said...

Wow..I am a poet and did't know it. HA!

Heather said...

I think you are a felt master! Nice work there!!

Heather W