Thursday, February 7, 2008

Figuring It All Out

Or maybe I should have said "Figuring SOME OF IT Out." That would be a little more accurate. We had a very busy morning, which spilled into a busy afternoon. We got home around 2:30 to hear beeping again. Jack thought this was funny. Me, not so much.

The culprit?

It seems that the problem is the smoke alarm. I tried to see if that was it yesterday, but it didn't sound like it. Silly me. Anyway, I unscrewed it to see if I could change the batteries, but there don't appear to be any batteries, just wires. Great. You can't see it from the picture above, but it it just hanging there right now. It eventually stopped, but I'm not sure why since it is still all hooked up. We will see what happens tomorrow. And now I have an extra battery for the alarm system.

The surprise!

This was on the porch when we got home--our brand spankin' new camera! We have had our old one (a "trusty" one, in Jack-speak) for probably close to 5 years, I think. The first thing I did was put on the wrist strap. Ever since I broke my first digital camera (Mavica, baby!) by dropping it, I ALWAYS wear the wrist strap. The strap and the batteries are about all I have figured out on it so far, but the manual doesn't look too daunting, so hopefully we can start using it tomorrow.

And what did Jack figure out? He figured out that juice pops are not always as easy to make as Blue would have you believe. Last weekend he saw an episode where Blue makes orange juice pops and he has been dying to try it since then. We followed all of the steps Blue did, but it was not as easy and they didn't turn out quite the same.

Hmmm...I think Blue's juice pop stayed at the top.

Seriously, Mom, Steve did NOT have to eat his off the table!

That was our day in a nutshell. Tomorrow we are headed to the children's museum for a little fun! : )

No comments: